Tuesday, March 08, 2005

West Coast Bias

Every year I try to watch the West Coast Conference Tourney final. It is usually entertaining, always high scoring and very fun to watch. Something about this mid-major conference just gets me fired up. I started watching when Loyola Marymount was scoring 150 points a game and kept watching, rooting for Pepperdine or Santa Clara (Steve Nash) or Gonzaga, maybe even the Dons of USF. I don't really have a favorite team, but I root for that whole conference when it comes tourney time.

This year is no different. I hope St. Mary's gets a bid. Their three point shooting is unbelievable and they are fun to watch. I want Gonzaga to make the Final Four, even if it screws up my bracket. There is just something about that team. They have a great inside presence in Ronny Turiaf and a ridiculous playmaker in Adam Morrison. I have been watching this guy all season thinking "we are seeing the reincarnation of Larry Bird". Sure enough, he pours in 25 in the semis against San Diego and 30 in the final vs. St. Mary's. I love this guy. He is as clutch as clutch gets. He can carry them a long way.

Go ahead...call me crazy. And no, it's not perfect baskeball (a la Duke and UNC) but I invite you to join the WCC Bandwagon. Develop a West Coast Bias. You have to stay up late...but it is worth it. These guys are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home