Friday, March 11, 2005

A Few Random Thoughts to Start the Weekend

I am not working today...I guess you could call it my Spring Break. So my mind is doing just that. Here are some random tidbits from the corner of my brain.

I heard on NPR this morning that a document surfaced on the internet claiming that the US Government did some nuclear testing in Sudan in the 1960's. After much research by the Sudanese government, they realized that the report contained a typo and that the testing was actually done in Sedan, Nevada. I have two thoughts. My first is, if we had tested nuclear weapons in Sudan in the 60's, wouldn't people in Sudan know about this before now? Aren't a lot of people who were young adults in the 60's still alive? How would they have missed that? Wouldn't there be mushroom clouds and glowing people and land that wouldn't grow anything? My other thought is how many other reports have had typos that we didn't catch. Were we supposed to attack Iran and not Iraq? Were we supposed to pay $150,000,000 instead of $15,000,000 for 800,000 square miles of land in the Louisiana Purchase? Did Ann Richards really get elected governor of Texas in 1990? THAT HAD TO BE AN ERROR!

Saw the new trailer for Star Wars Episode III last night. I am pretty sure I am the only one of my friends who cares...but that's okay...I am excited anyway. It just reaffirms the fact that I am really twelve years old.

Going to Dallas today. I think this is probably the 1,478,492nd time I have made this drive. My friend Kevin Campbell can estimate to the minute when you will arrive just by the landmarks on the road. He is sick.

My son, Kyle, is realllllly ready for baseball. He only asks 107 times a day if we can go throw. I cherish that, because it won't last forever. I just hope he can learn to catch soon.

I haven't worn briefs since seventh grade. Is that too much information?

I have a group of friends that gets together at Lake Whitney every year in April. We just sit and talk for hours. I think that is how God intended it. We have been e-mailing all week and my side hurts from laughing. Thanks guys.

Bagels may be the perfect bread. Add a little cream cheese and you may get a glimpse of heaven.

Is Disney World a rite of passage for 8 year olds? We are thinking of going in May. We have to (I will explain that later) or it will not happen. I think every 8 year old has to go to Disney World or they will not get the full enjoyment out of it. Of course, you already know I am 12, so I will always enjoy it.

Thanks for venturing into my mind...it's not funny...it's just what is there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home