Sunday, November 13, 2005

Tribute

I just added a new link to Craig Fisher's blog. I thought I had added that a long time ago, but alas, I hadn't. I also don't use the word "alas" often, so this was a chance to do that too.

I saw Fish in Chapel at ACU a week ago Friday. It was great to see him. He was here with his old roommates, Stephen Bailey and Brandon Scott Thomas for ACU's Filmfest. It's not often I go to chapel and see people that I was in school with. So it is a welcome surprise when it happens.

Anyway, Fish is one of the greatest guys I know. So, in honor of my new link to Craig Fisher's blog, here are 5 exceptionally random things I semi-remember about going to college with Craig Fisher:

1. Craig drove a 1988 Z24 Red Chevrolet Cavalier. I however think I could be iffy on the year (I wanted to link a picture..but there are none. Wow.)
2. Fish, at one time in his life, could not get enough C&C Music Factory.
3. He would eat Taco Bueno every meal if it were humanly possible.
4. He was the best dancin' white man I knew. He even had the white man's overbite.
5. And if I remember correctly, Craig Fisher is "the exception". Trust me on that.

On a serious note, Craig was one of those guys who had a huge impact in my life without actually knowing it. He was a mentor to me without even trying. He is a great friend. He is above all, a man of God.

Seeing him last week reminded me of all that.

Fish, I pray God's blessings on you, Beth Ann and your boys. Here's to you my friend.

Now, the rest of you go read his blog...

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Craig said...

I am honored. Thank you for the kind words. Our time together at ACU was fun. It was great to see you. I am proud of you. Keep up the good work.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Mark Lavender said...

Is there something we should know about you two?????

Seriously, Fish, you are a great guy! I remember having to guard him in basketball at church on Sunday nights and watching him drain long three pointers in my grill all night. I hated that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home