Thursday, March 24, 2005

50

They started it. I'm just continuing it.

I have read a few other blogs (stemming from Brock Paulk's Blog) that recount things they have done and things they have never done. I love that idea, so I am shameless ripping it off. So here goes...

50 Things I Have Done

1. I have been married for 10 years
2. I have had children for most of those
3. I have climbed a 14,000 foot peak in Colorado
4. I have been to Hawaii
5. I have poked a stick in flowing lava at Mount Kilauea
6. I have been to Las Vegas and New Orleans
7. I have needed a shower after going to Vegas and New Orleans
8. I have been to Billings, Boise, Portland and Seattle
9. I have caught a shark off a pier in Galveston
10. I have attended the NCAA basketball Tournament's First and Second Round in Tempe, AZ
11. I have been to a College Football Bowl Game
12. I have broken into the old Drake Hotel, the Old Hospital on Highway 80 and Abilene Christian High School to play basketball. (I think the statute of limitations has expired)
13. I have chased people with a chainsaw (no chain, in a haunted house)
14. I have walked the 18th fairway at Pebble Beach
15. I have locked Koy Roberts outside of the house during our Annual Reunion. (He was bitter...)
16. I have met Troy Aikman (twice)
17. I took Tom Landry's drink order
18. I was present for Kenny Rogers' perfect game
19. I have been the announcer for a live sporting event
20. I have met Del Amitri (very underrated band) and subsequently been placed on the guest list for their next show.
21. I have eaten animals for dinner that had been alive that very day (fish in Hawaii and deer fajitas in Junction, Texas)
22. I have caught a touchdown pass in Texas Stadium
23. I have thrown a touchdown pass to my son in our front yard
24. I have watched the Tennessee-Alabama football game from the field at Neyland Stadium
25. I have hung my legs over the edge of Hermit's Peak in Las Vegas, New Mexico
26. I have been in a serious car accident (and protected by the grace of God)
27. I have had dinner with Barry Switzer (some of you would say..."Why?")
28. I have rappeled out of a 3rd floor dorm window
29. I have streaked across ACU's campus
30. I have been to two NASCAR Races. One of them (in Phoenix), we had garage and pit passes. We got to meet and hang out with my wife's distant cousin, Terry Labonte, got to watch the race from the pits and go to church with the drivers. Even if you aren't a redneck...it was pretty cool.
31. I have seen concerts by AC/DC, Van Halen, Del Amitri, Aerosmith, Rush, Collective Soul, Metallica (twice), and Robert Plant/Jimmy Page for free. On the other hand, I have paid to see KISS, The Dead and Jimmy Buffett. Worth every penny.
32. I have made the game winning shot to beat the #8 team in the state
33. I have won tickets to the All-Star Game Home Run Derby (It was at Coors Field...unbelievable)
34. I have been to 4 Monday Night Football Games
35. I have worked at Cajun Cones
36. I went to Dean Smith's Basketball camp at UNC and Space Camp at the Space Center in Huntsville, Alabama
37. I have stayed in the Honeymoon Suite at the Imperial Palace in Vegas with 4 guys (mirrors on the ceiling...ew)
38. I have hurt my knee skiing
39. I have been to the Bahamas, got really sunburned, played blackjack at age 19, and eaten fresh pineapple on the beach (plus, I bought a suit in the Bahamas too...Tax free!)
40. I have swam with dolphins
41. I have been proud of my kids as they spoke in chapel at their school
42. I have accidently thrown my driver into a tree on the 10th tee at Maxwell Municpal Golf Course
43. I have preached at Highland
44. I have not packed underwear on a work trip and gone commando (poke out your mind's eye)
45. I have won money playing poker. On the other hand, I have lost money playing poker
46. I have seen the Dead at Red Rocks
47. I have met George W. Bush
48. I have played the outfield at the Ballpark in Arlington (Ameriquest Field)
49. I have played golf in the snow with Greg "Cheetah" Wilson
50. I have been blessed with an amazing life, an unbelievable wife and family and more friends than I could ever list.

1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Michael said...

You've had a pretty great run so far... my life seems relatively boring compared to that. I can only list 50 jobs that I've had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home