Small hiatus from blogging. I know both of you missed me...
It's July 1. That means June is over. Let me be the first one to jump for joy. June, in a word, was insane, wild, chaotic, ridiculous, nuts, crazy, swamped, stressful and/or madcap. (Thank goodness for the Thesaurus) . Here is a rundown of my June:
1. Moved into new house.
2. Ran Junior Scholars for 38 soon-to-be Seniors in high school (you know, the event where someone almost died?). That alone is enough to be "madcap".
3. Went on a family mission trip to Fort Worth.
4. Participated in Passport.
5. Oh yeah, worked my normal job.
This may not sound like a lot to you. Next summer, I will let you do it.
I say all this to say, I need a vacation. Hawaii, Tahiti, Key West, Steamboat, Amarillo...I don't care. Just a few days to rest and relax. So, I am sitting there, dreaming of a vacation and the thought crosses my my mind..."at this point just drop me off on a desert island".
This leads me down an obvious train of thought. If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and you could only take 5 (insert category)...what would they be? So, I am going to include both of you reading this in my little game.
This week's question...If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and you could only take 5 cd's...what would they be?
Let's lay some ground rules. Double CD's can count as one CD, but Box Sets cannot. So Coldplay's "X&Y" can go, but the AC/DC box set has to stay home or count as 4 of your 5 CD's...you have to reaaaalllllllyyy love AC/DC for that to happen. (Chris Campbell...I am talking to you.) Also...no cheating. The IPods have to stay home. It's my game, I get to make the rules.
Here is my list of "Desert Island" CD's:
1. "Hundred Year Hall" - The Grateful Dead
2. "Physical Graffitti" - Led Zeppelin
3. "Barometer Soup" - Jimmy Buffett
4. "The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion" - The Black Crowes (very underrated)
5. "Greatest Hits" - James Taylor
I am also going to sneak AC/DC's "Back in Black" in somewhere. Remember...I get to make the rules.
It could happen someday, so it is always good to plan ahead. Know what CD's you would take to a desert island. It might give you a little piece of mind...
Now if you will excuse me, I am going to look for vacation packages in Amarillo.