Thursday, June 23, 2005

Desert Island

Small hiatus from blogging. I know both of you missed me...

It's July 1. That means June is over. Let me be the first one to jump for joy. June, in a word, was insane, wild, chaotic, ridiculous, nuts, crazy, swamped, stressful and/or madcap. (Thank goodness for the Thesaurus) . Here is a rundown of my June:

1. Moved into new house.
2. Ran Junior Scholars for 38 soon-to-be Seniors in high school (you know, the event where someone almost died?). That alone is enough to be "madcap".
3. Went on a family mission trip to Fort Worth.
4. Participated in Passport.
5. Oh yeah, worked my normal job.

This may not sound like a lot to you. Next summer, I will let you do it.

I say all this to say, I need a vacation. Hawaii, Tahiti, Key West, Steamboat, Amarillo...I don't care. Just a few days to rest and relax. So, I am sitting there, dreaming of a vacation and the thought crosses my my mind..."at this point just drop me off on a desert island".

This leads me down an obvious train of thought. If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and you could only take 5 (insert category)...what would they be? So, I am going to include both of you reading this in my little game.

This week's question...If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and you could only take 5 cd's...what would they be?

Let's lay some ground rules. Double CD's can count as one CD, but Box Sets cannot. So Coldplay's "X&Y" can go, but the AC/DC box set has to stay home or count as 4 of your 5 CD's...you have to reaaaalllllllyyy love AC/DC for that to happen. (Chris Campbell...I am talking to you.) Also...no cheating. The IPods have to stay home. It's my game, I get to make the rules.

Here is my list of "Desert Island" CD's:

1. "Hundred Year Hall" - The Grateful Dead
2. "Physical Graffitti" - Led Zeppelin
3. "Barometer Soup" - Jimmy Buffett
4. "The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion" - The Black Crowes (very underrated)
5. "Greatest Hits" - James Taylor

I am also going to sneak AC/DC's "Back in Black" in somewhere. Remember...I get to make the rules.

It could happen someday, so it is always good to plan ahead. Know what CD's you would take to a desert island. It might give you a little piece of mind...

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to look for vacation packages in Amarillo.

7 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Brock Paulk said...

Brock Says:

1. Caedmon's Call - self titled
2. Casting Crowns - self titled
3. Third Day - Offerings 1 & 2 (They should be a box set, and I'm your cousin)
4. Mercy Me - Spoken For
5. Allison Kraus and Union Station - New Favorite

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger GSub said...

1. Ryan Adams - Gold
2. Pat Green - Live at Billy Bob's
3. DMB - Live in Chicago
4. Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
5. TJ McCloud TJ McCloud

That pretty much encompasses all of my mello categories.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger GSub said...

For the record Coldplay - X&Y is only a single cd, not a double cd. However Ryans Adams and the Cardinals - Cold Roses, or Lyle Lovett - Step Inside this House would be double cds.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Mark Lavender said...

1. Garth Brooks - The Hits (You know, the one where he adds the 3rd verse of Friends in Low Places)
2. Rhett Akins - Thousand Memories
3. Air Supply - Greatest Hits (Sleeping Music)
4. Def Leppard - Rock of Ages
5. I'll sacrifice my 5th CD for an endless supply of batteries. Otherwise my CD's are useless to me.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Jacinda said...

Here is Chris' list. I just started doing this "blogging" thing and ran across yours awhile back. My brother-in-law (you know him!) had some "negative" things to say about those who blog, but that's okay. I'm still enjoying it! Hope y'all are doing well! Jacinda

1. any Allison Kraus cd
2. George Strait "Does Ft. Worth Ever Cross Your Mind?"
3. Mercy Me "Undone"
4. Def Leppard "Hysteria"
5. Josh Jackson band

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger stuckinthe80s said...

Give me:

1. REM - "Murmur"
2. Ramones - "Ramonemania" (with permission to listen to "Bonzo Goes To Bitzburg" over and over).
3. The Cars - "Heartbeat City"
4. Cyndi Lauper - "She's So Unusual"
5. The Offspring - "Ixne On The Hombre"

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger MDM said...

1. Sting's: Nothing Like the Sun
2. Allison Krauss anything
3. Pixies: Bossanova
4. "Dying Young" soundtrack
5. Jerry Jeff Walker: Great Gonzos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home