Monday, March 28, 2005

Grab Bag

Here are some random, non-funny tidbits from Easter Weekend:

Worship at Highland yesterday was amazing. We were blessed to get to man one of the tables with physical symbols of the cross that were set up in the front. It was amazing to feel the weight of the crossbeam and the splinters that most likely tore into Jesus' back. Children's eyes lit up when I told them that he did it just for them. It was such a blessing to me, I hope it was for them.

Val Durrington did it again. Every year he sings "Arise, My Love" at Highland's Easter Service and every year I tear up. Thanks a lot, Val. I still remember riding in Val's truck when I was a junior in High School hearing him sing Kansas' "Carry on, Wayward Son" at the top of his lungs. I knew he was destined for greatness. He is amazingly talented. Thanks, Val, for sharing your gift with us.

Our Easter present to our family: A Dog. We finally got our Blue Lacy. I am really biased, but she is the best dog ever. We were going to get a boy, but I caved and fell in love with her. She is the runt of the litter, but I guarantee she will be smarter than her brothers and sister. I was pleased to find out that being the runt means you will just be a little smaller. She is eight weeks old and hasn't had an accident since Saturday. She is brilliant.

The Arizona-Illinois Regional Final might have been the best basketball game I have ever seen. I never thought anyone could top Duke-Kentucky in '92, but this might have. What a game.

Anyway, that was pretty much Easter Weekend. Did I mention our dog is brilliant?

1 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Hey Corey! I found this through the tangled web that is blog-world. I can't believe everything that has gone on with you that I haven't known because I haven't stopped by your office in awhile! I'll be by soon and I'll pray for you and your family.

Love ya!
Emily Tate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home