Thursday, April 07, 2005

Yep...I have Baseball Fever

Following my last post, I started thinking...do I really like Baseball again? Turns out the answer to that is a resounding "YES". How do I know? I found myself screaming at the TV and and being distraught as the Rangers left the bases loaded in the first inning. Man, I have problems.

I tried to watch the whole game, but fell asleep in the 6th inning. I woke up in time to see Hidalgo give the Rangers the lead, then fell back asleep. Woke up to see Erstad tie the game, watched through the middle of the 11th and then fell asleep again. I woke up at 3:15 in the morning with the TV on some exercise commercial. It was very surreal. Then I saw Soriano's game winning HR this morning on ESPNEWS...What a game. The Rangers are so much fun to watch. (I think most of the time, I will even stay awake for it.) Texieira is unbelievable. Young is a machine. Blalock and Soriano are amazing. Even Ryan Drese and Kenny Rogers pitched great the last two nights. I like how Showalter goes Lefty, Righty, Lefty, Righty down the lineup. This is going to be a fun season...

Mark Texieira is beginning to replace Todd Helton as my favorite current player. I love watching him play. Sadly, Frank Thomas is still one of my favorites...can't bear to part with my autographed Frank Thomas baseball and baseball card, even though he isn't very good these days. Oh well.

Anyway, in no particular order, here is a list of some of my favorite players I have watched over the years. Some good, some bad, some Rockies:

1. Frank Thomas
2. Todd Helton
3. Nolan Ryan
4. U.L. Washington (the toothpick!)
5. Mike Schmidt
6. Kent Tekulve
7. Mark McGwire (pre-steroids)
8. Dante Bichette
9. Steve Beuchele
10. Ron Cey
11. Andres Galarraga
12. Willie Stargell
13. Dave Concepcion
14. Rusty Greer
15. and now...Mark Texieira

There are many more...these are just some of my favorites. It's a warped list isn't it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home