Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Trojan Horse

I believe I may be sharing too much...but it is too funny not to share.

My daughter, Cayce, is 8 years old. In my opinion, she is very smart. She retains things very well even when you do not think she is listening. She loves school and is very engaged well she is there. If there is a project (like building simple machines) she wants to be the best...without Dad's help. Right now, Cayce's second grade class is studying Greek mythology and things in history that happened in that region. She has dived right in. She reads extra books on mythology and asks questions and more questions.

My wife called me Tuesday and told me this story...

Cayce and her friend Emily (who was over to play) were playing in the back yard when Cayce cut her heel. Being the grown up girl that she is...Cayce decided to fix her own wound. She went into the bathroom looking for band-aids...

My wife, meanwhile, is working in my son's room packing his stuff up (we are moving in a couple of weeks...). All of a sudden, Cayce and Emily appear. Cayce says, "MOM! Why didn't you tell me we had these? This is what we are studying in school! Can I take them for show and tell?"

My wife looked in horror as she looked at her daughter. She was holding...

"Trojans"

Then...Emily says, "Are those condoms?"

Gotta love awkward conversations with eight year olds...

3 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Okay... you finished the story too soon. Did you let her take them for show and tell?

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Mark Lavender said...

Great story! There's a lot I could say here but I'll take the high road....for the first time in my life.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger MDM said...

Cold Busted!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home