Wednesday, May 18, 2005

At the Movies...

In the wake of Star Wars: Episode III opening tomorrow, I was in a discussion with my friend Aaron about great movies (I have not declared Episode III great, but I am excited...). As we discussed the Original Star Wars trilogy our discussion moved to the current Star Wars trilogy. In discussing "The Phantom Menace", he said it was hard to see "Schindler" (from Schindler's List, obviously...) as Jedi "Qui-Gon Jinn".

He, of course, was referring to Liam Neeson. However, I did not know that. How did I not know that? Well...I didn't know Liam Neeson was in "Schindler's List", because I've never seen "Schindler's List".

That's right...I've never seen "Schindler's List".

Aaron, needless to say, was shocked. "How could you not have seen that?" and "Are you crazy?" followed.

So I started thinking. What are some movies that I have never seen that I should have seen? Actually, I can think of a lot.

I haven't seen:

1. Schindler's List (obviously...)
2. The Green Mile
3. The Shawshank Redemption
4. The Godfather
5. Apocalypse Now
6. Deliverance (Thank goodness...)
7. Platoon
8. Citizen Kane
9. Meet Joe Black
10. A Christmas Story
11. Monty Python's Life of Brian
12. Groundhog Day
13. Saturday Night Fever
14. Goodfellas
15. Hitch
16. Dodgeball
17. Tommy Boy
18. The Natural

Yep, never seen any of those. There are more, but I am drawing a blank. But, think about it. What are some of the movies that when you tell people "I've never seen _________" do they think you are nuts? Which movies were you supposed to see that you didn't?

Nothing beats my good friend Mark Lavender. He has never seen Star Wars. This blog has now officially come full circle...

6 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Brock Paulk said...

Never Seen:

Caddyshack
Scarface
Any of the Lethal Weapon Movies
Any of the Terminator Movies
Any of the Batman Movies
Either of the Spiderman Movies
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Schlinder's List
Pulp Fiction
Casablanca
Fight Club

That's a small list...and my friends that are shocked to know that I haven't seen those are the same friends that own those movies and don't show them to me.

Note to Brock's friends - he doesn't really WANT to see any Terminator, Batman or Spiderman movies...

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Mark Lavender said...

That's right...no Star Wars! Also, no:

Star Trek
Schindlers List
Lord of the Rings (any of them)
Dances with Wolves
Unforgiven
Men in Black
Austin Powers (any of them)

I know there's more but that's all I can think of now...

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Craig said...

Never saw:
Titanic
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan
none of the Lord of the Rings

Corey, see Shawshank, good movie

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Corey said...

oh yeah...I haven't seen Austin Powers, Happy Gilmore or the Waterboy either.

Fish, you really didn't need to see Titanic. The boat sinks.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Austin Powers (any)
Hunt for Red October
The Ten Commandments
Windtalkers
Godfather 2 or 3
Interview with a Vampire
Alien (Any)
American Pie (Any)
Analyze this or that
Dead Man Walking
The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland

I am not sure if any of these are great, but I can assure you that I have not seen them.

Mercer

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger stuckinthe80s said...

Okay...I feel much better about the movies I haven't seen...

Friday the 13th (any of them)
Terminator (any of them)
Saving Private Ryan
Passion of the Christ
Any Adam Sandler movie
Braveheart
Gladiator
The Matrix
Tombstone
Jurassic Park

 

Post a Comment

<< Home