Friday, May 06, 2005

Decade of...well, you decide

After reading Chris Campbell's post about his 14th birthday, I immediately had about 1,000 80's flashbacks. Then I laughed at him talking about Walkmans and Stadia tennis shoes. Chris, that was hilarious.

I began to realize that any good 80's conversation has to have one of the following three themes:

1. Music
2. Movies
3. Clothes

These are the themes that define the 80's. They make it a decade both worth remembering and forgetting at the same time. I both love and hate the 80's. The 80's seem to keep singing "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)" (That song courtesy of Glass Tiger)

I just pray 80's fashion never comes back. I don't think I could take it. If I have to pinch roll my jeans, wear bandannas, shop at J. Riggings, wear sunglasses with curtains on the sides, own parachute pants, double tie and change the colors on my Kaepas, fit snugly into my red cordouroy OP shorts, buy Girbaud jeans, put Pennies in my loafers, wear a "Coca-Cola" shirt, change the band on my Swatch, put on Aramis or Polo "Green" Cologne, turn up my collar, wear my "Member's Only" Jacket (Light Blue!), tie my sock tie, or wear my knitted sweater vest over a white t-shirt, I think I'd have a heart attack.

I would however gladly wear Jams again...but that's just me.

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger stuckinthe80s said...

You mean I'm not supposed to wear a t-shirt under my sweater vest any more??? CRAP!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

I rolled up my jeans (those tight, tapered rolls) well into the '90s until my husband said, "Have you noticed that nobody does that anymore?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home