Thursday, July 28, 2005

Profile of a seven year old

My son, Kyle, turns seven on Saturday. If you know my son (which I think both of you do), then you know that he is absolutely crazy. He is also the most loving kid I know. Kyle loves God, his family, his friends, and sports. He also likes torturing his sister.

When Kyle grows up he is going to be the Riddler. My son asks 4 billion questions a day. Often times, he asks the same thing four ways:

Dad, are you drinking grape soda?
Does it taste like grape?
Is it good?
Do you like grape soda?

This kind of questioning should lead to a great job as a Lawyer or Psychologist.

---------------------------------

I asked Kyle yesterday what his favorite sports teams were. His answers:

Football - "I like the Colts even though you like the Patriots. I'm sorry I like a different team than you. I also like the the Chargers (because of the Lightning Bolts) and the Bengals. I kinda like the Cowboys." (That is what I like about Kyle - he doesn't put all his eggs in one basket...)

Baseball - "Rangers. I like Michael Young. Can I get a Michael Young jersey?"

Hockey - "Dallas Stars. We haven't watched Hockey in a long time Dad. Why?" (a special thank you to the NHL for putting me in position to explain a labor dispute to a 7 year old)

Basketball - "Mavericks. But I kinda like the Lakers. Can I root for both?" (a resounding 'no' to that question)

College - "I know you like Tennessee, but I like Texas. They are both orange so is that okay?"

---------------------------------

Other Kyle tidbits:

Kyle is an awesome kid. He loves people. If you are ever around him he will talk your ear off. But he just loves to talk to you. He makes me feel like the greatest Dad in the world. He would throw the baseball 24 hours a day if we could. He is the human rain delay when it comes to batting. He spends more time perfecting his warm-up than the actual swing. He is scared of the diving board, but fearless about jumping off the side. He loves Tabasco sauce and watching "Emeril Live". He used to be scared of the trash truck, but not anymore. He loves to hold his little wooden cross while he prays at night. He loves God.

He is the greatest son I could imagine.

I love you buddy. Happy Birthday.

6 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jacinda said...

Happy Birthday to Kyle! Gracie's birthday is today; she's 5. So hard to believe. He sounds like a great son! I've enjoyed having Jennifer post on my blog.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger MDM said...

I can tell how much you love your boy. Get Jen to post her feelings!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Katey said...

Kyle is a sweetheart! He has a huge fan in Molly. My Mom says that he and Molly have great times together, they have been so blessed to have you guys as neighbors!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Sarah P said...

AAAwwwwwwwwwwww. This makes me miss you guys even more. We have to have a family reunion sooner than February!
Love you guys. Big happy birthday to Kyle!!!
Sarah P

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Hey Corey. I found your blog through others. I actually met you a LONG time ago when you recruited at Southwest Christian, but I was rude and went to Harding instead. I know you've met over a million people in your times working at ACU, so don't worry I don't expect you to remember me!

Your boy sounds precious! Oh his little comments cracked me up! Great post!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger stuckinthe80s said...

Thank you for invoking the greatness of the "human rain delay." Perryton, TX's own Mike Hargrove would be proud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home