Monday, August 08, 2005

Best. Vacation. Ever.

Well, we are back from vacation. I know both of you missed me. I know I never really said we were going on vacation, but with the number of armed felons who I am sure read my blog, I didn't want to let them know that we were going to be out of the house for a week. At least that is my excuse.

Ah, vacation. Could've gone to EuroDisneyWorldLand. Could've gone to the mountains. Could've even gone to Sea World. We thought of everywhere to go on vacation. So where did we end up you ask? (I know you didn't ask...but you have read this far...might as well keep going) Well, the first half of the week, we ended up in, of all places, Kingsville. Yes, Kingsville. Have you ever been to Kingsville? Hoo, boy. It rocks. Well, even if Kingsville itself doesn't rock, our reason for going there did.

The first half of the week was spent with Jennifer's grandparents in their hometown of Kingsville. They have been married 67 years (Praise God!) and they have lived in the same house for 53 of those. 53 years in the same house! What a blessing! I can't even imagine that. Think of it. Never having to move for 53 years. Never packing a box for 53 years. We can barely stay in a house for 1 year, much less 53. It is amazing. This is the place that all of my wife's family calls home. Mom, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, they all grew up in this house. It has just always felt like home for them. It really gives you a look into what God means for us in Heaven. We move from place to place, but always have one home. I can't wait.

Anyway, we spent a day at the Beach and Fishing (Kyle's one desire for his birthday). We played Dominos and Cards. We ate at King's Inn...a little hole in the wall fish place that Jen's grandparents ate their first meal as a married couple 67 years ago. They still go there every anniversary. King's Inn is on Baffin Bay in South Texas. Unbelievable fish and shrimp. Makes my mouth water at 9:48 pm.

Here is a couple of pics from this leg of the trip:





The second leg of the trip was spent in New Braunfels at T Bar M Family Camp. Remember, I said we could have gone to DisneyWorld. But Disney has nothing on this place. Just imagine a place where you have amazing Spiritual Teaching, College Kids that take your kids to do stuff while you and your spouse do cool stuff together, food better than a cruise ship, a camp where you stay in a hotel room with hot showers and cool air conditioning. But here is the kicker...every night before bed...Warm Cookies and Milk. Basically everything you would want in a camp, right? Family Camp has it. It is the best vacation our family has taken together.

I will go into much more detail about the teaching at some point. It was convicting, in your face, and powerful. Our "coaches", the college kids assigned to our family for the 4 days, were amazing with our kids. Our kids saw Jesus in these students. We could not be more grateful.

So there you have it. Our vacation in a nutshell. I didn't even get to talk about eating at the Gristmill in Gruene or rock climbing or the ropes challenge course, or blobbing, but I will explain those later. God blessed my family tremendously through this trip. He is to be praised.

Now...to the cookies and milk I smuggled home in our bag.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

That sounds awesome. T Bar M was the place we had some of our class retreats in high school. I loved the facilities, but WE didn't get to experience any cookies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home