Friday, April 15, 2005

What a Tangled Web my Mind Weaves...

Do you ever have to explain how you got to a certain thought? I have to do that all of the time. I will be sitting in the car, talking to my wife about one subject and then 30 seconds later ask her the most random question ever. Now...it's not random. I have a perfectly good correlation between our last topic and this new topic. I just have to explain it. Usually, the conversation sounds like this:

"Jen, let me explain...we were talking about Patio Furniture and I wondered if Ikea carried patio furniture and that reminded me that Ikea was in Houston (on I-10) and I thought about our apartment in Houston and how our old dog (Murray) used to pee on that carpet all the time and that is why I asked you if you thought Murray was still alive."

See now? Doesn't that make sense? It does to me. I do that all of the time. It is just how my mind works.

I also have to explain how I can remember certain random dates and events. Unfortunately, they are usually tied to the sporting event that happened at about the same time. This drives my wife crazy. I can't help that the first thing I remember about meeting her parents was watching the Cowboys beat up on the Bears (27-14...last week of the 1992 season). I will probably always remember her cousin Brock's anniversary (they got married a couple of weekends ago) because it was the day of this year's Final Four. I can chronologically place events in my life by who won championships in major sports those years. That just becomes a point of reference for me. Again, it is just how my mind works.

I'm just glad my wife loves me. Because no one else could put up with that. How do I know she loves me? She told me so during Week 11 of the '92 NFL season.

Man...I need help.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Maybe that's why we get along so well... my thought processes seem to go well beyond "jumpy." They actually seem to be disconnected... sometimes even to me.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Sarah P said...

I had no idea that Brock and I got married on the weekend of the final four! I'm amazed you continue your friendship with us. What were we thinking?!
Hey, really though, we have some great pics of the kids from the wedding. Can't wait for you and Jen to see them!
ps--don't go to my actual blog.i started it today out of peer pressure and it's not much to look at. if you are brave enough to check it out, look away and don't stare at its hideousness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home